* Make your shelter reservations online!
Have you thought of adding excitement and fun to your picnic with a Moon Bounce, Rock Wall or mechanical ride? Get more information on companies who are approved by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority to provide this equipment at your shelter.
Only companies approved by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority may rent Moon Bounces, Rock Walls, mechanical rides and similar equipment. The approved companies have met certain minimum standards for safety. Privately owned equipment may not be brought into the park. For a list of approved providers, please click here.
PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE TAX
|For reservations please call 703-352-5900 Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm|
PARK AUTHORITY RULES
Public activity at all properties and facilities owned and operated by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority (NVRPA) is controlled by state law, local ordinance, Park Authority Regulations, Park Authority Rules, and general operating policies, permits, and procedures, each providing penalties for non-compliance.
The following Park Authority Rules apply to conduct at all NVRPA rental shelters. Rental shelters are to be used in a manner providing for the safety and enjoyment of all.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in violators being ejected from the park with no refund.
1. A reservation confirmation will be issued to one adult who will become the group representative thru the entire event. All contact between the group and park staff shall be handled by the group representative. Once a confirmation is issued the cancellation and change rules are in effect.
2. Renters of shelters, and persons using non-rented shelters must pay appropriate rental fees.
3. Rental of shelters requires express written approval of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority and must be in strict accordance with contractual rules and conditions.
4. Entrance fees for non-jurisdiction residents apply at Bull Run and Pohick Bay Regional Parks.
5. Shelter reservations are not refundable due to inclement weather.
6. A $25.00 fee will be charged for requests that result in changes of a shelter reservation with a minimum of 10 days notice prior to the rental date. No changes will be allowed for reservations made less than ten (10) days from the scheduled reservation date.
7. No refund will be issued for a cancellation with less than ten (10) days advance notice. A cancellation ten (10) days or more in advance of the reservation date entitles you to a refund less 25% or $20, whichever is greater.
8. Use of any shelter that is cordoned or posted as being reserved or closed to the public is strictly prohibited.
9. Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the park, except in areas and under conditions established for such purposes by Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority.
10. The following activities require the express written approval of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority:
a. Operation of special amusements, including but not limited to animal or mechanical rides, inflatable play amusements, rock climbing walls, and musical or theatrical performances;
b. Conduct of camps, fairs, exhibitions, rallies, fundraising efforts, races, walks, athletic league games or practices, and other organized events;
c. Construction of tents, canopies, inflatable amusements, or other temporary structures;
d. Use of musical instruments, radios and other sound devices, and amplified sound equipment;
e. Sale of food, beverages or other goods;
f. Collection of fees or monetary contributions.
11. The use of tape, glue, nails, tacks, screws, staples, or other fasteners that may scratch or otherwise damage surfaces of the shelter are prohibited.
12. The removal of tables or grills from the shelter is not permitted.
13. Vehicles and trailers must park in designated paved and gravel parking areas only, and are prohibited on the grass.
14. Parking is on a first come first served basis.
15. The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority does not guarantee parking, admission, or use of other park facilities with the rental of a park shelter. Some parks do offer facilities passes and other applicable discounts to groups that reserve shelters, please contact the park office directly for more information.
16. Swimming or wading in naturally existing water ways is prohibited.
17. Shelters are not available prior to the scheduled time. Clean up should begin prior to the end of the rental time and the space must be completely vacated at the end of the rental period to allow staff to prepare for the next reservation.
18. Upon departure from the shelter, trash must be collected from tables and grounds and deposited in trash receptacles.
19. Groups that exceed the maximum occupancy limit may forfeit use of the shelter.
20. The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority assumes no responsibility for personal property.
21. Conduct that may endanger the welfare of any person is strictly prohibited.