Pro Shop Dress Code, Rules and Etiquette
This scenic course is located on the Mason Neck Peninsula in Lorton, Virginia. Local golf magazines repeatedly name Pohick Bay as one of the area’s most challenging courses.
The pro shop also features a snack bar that offers sandwiches, grill items, breakfast muffins, hot and cold beverages, candy and chips as well as inside seating.
Shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks,
golf shorts or walking shorts are considered appropriate attire.
|Women||Dresses, skirts, slacks, golf shorts, medium length shorts and blouses are considered appropriate attire.|
|Men||Tank tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, cutoffs, jams, sweatpants, blue jeans, bathing suits, tennis shorts or other athletic shorts are not permitted.|
|Women||Halter tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, bathing suits, sweatpants, blue jeans, tennis dresses, athletic shorts or cutoffs are not permitted.|
RULES AND ETIQUETTE
1. Only players who have registered at the clubhouse, spectators accompanying them and members
of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority staff are permitted on the golf course.
2. The hitting of practice balls on the lawn, walks, traps or tees while waiting to play is prohibited.
3. Only players in groups positioned to tee off are permitted on the starting tee.
4. Climbing the face of a bunker is prohibited.
5. Each player must have a bag with at least six clubs.
6. Players and spectators must wear shirts and shoes (and appropriate golf attire) at all times.
7. Children ages 7-13 must pay the appropriate greens fees and cart fees and be under the close supervision
of a playing adult at all times. Non-players under the age of 14 years old are not permitted on the course. Non-players
14 years old and older must pay applicable cart fees when riding with an adult.
8. Driving the golf carts in a reckless manner is strictly prohibited.
9. A maximum of two passengers may ride in a golf cart at one time.
10. Golf carts or cars are not permitted in restricted areas.
11. Keep pull and power carts thirty feet from greens and off of tee boxes.